IS TUBERCULOSIS SAFE IN PREGNANCY OR NOT? What is tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis or TB is the form of the bacterial infection that usually affects the lungs. This can also affect the other body parts like bones, kidney, spine etc.
What are the effects of the Tuberculosis or TB?
Your immune system will kill the bacteria completely. This will happen in the most of the cases.Your immune system will be the defensive barrier around the TB. You can consult the best doctor in order to take best tuberculosis treatment in India. The tuberculosis treatment cost in India is very pocket-friendly, everyone can easily afford it.
What are the various symptoms of tuberculosis?
- weight loss
- chest pains
- fatigue and weakness
- loss of appetite
- night sweats
How will TB be diagnosed during pregnancy?
- If you are coughing for more than three weeks, then your doctor will undergo the sputum test.
- This test involves the samples of the phlegm and also checks the presence of the TB.
- This test is used to diagnose the most common form of the TB.
- There are two samples that are needed. Then again you are called for the second test.
- After this, chest X-ray, skin test, and the blood test are taken.
- This is the essential condition to undergone with any test that is recommended by your doctor.
- If the TB has been left untreated, then it has a negative impact on the baby.
- If there is no symptom recognized in the above-mentioned test, then your doctor will undergo the tuberculin skin test. This test is also known as the Mantoux test.
What is the treatment for TB during pregnancy?
- TB is caused by the bacteria, and then the recommended treatment for the TB is the antibiotics.
- TB can be easily cured if it has been detected in the early stages of life.
- You have to take the medications for the full-time period without any interruption.
- This course can be performed between six to the nine months
- This treatment can also perform for the longer period of the time. The time period of the course is dependent upon the severity of the case.
- Apart from taking the antibiotics, it is important to strengthen your immune system.
- You should take a well-balanced diet.
- You should take the plenty of the fresh air.
- You make sure that you should not miss an appointment with your doctor.
- If you are suffering from any side effects like vision changes, headaches, and increased nausea, then consult to your doctor immediately.
- This is the infectious disease and you have to maintain the personal hygiene. This is essential to wash your hands and cover your mouth so that germs should not spread out.
- You have to stay positive every time.
Can TB harm my developing baby?
If you are suffering from the TB, the following are the things that increased the risk of:
- A premature baby born.
- Low birth weight baby.
- There are very fewer chances of the born of the baby with TB.