MEDICAL TESTS BEFORE THE IVF TREATMENT
IVF is the greatest invention in the medical field. Most of the clinics require the huge battery of test for the IVF treatment but we prefer to use simplified and patient-friendly approach. We need to check eggs, sperm, uterus and tubes.
The medical test needs to be performed before the IVF treatment:
- Semen analysis test –To check the motility or sperm count of the men.
- Blood test for the reproductive hormones.
- HSG (Hysterosalpingogram, X-ray of the uterus and tubes), performed on the 8th day of the cycle.
- Vaginal ultrasound scan performed on 10th or 11th day.
- 3-D Ultrasound technique, performed in case of the abnormality.
- Other tests like HIV, Hep B and VDRL in order to detect the infectious diseases.
- Immune tests- This is the test for TB.
- Routine Hysteroscopy – to check the uterine cavity.