Vaginal discharge is the consistency of egg white which is normal and it is the kind of fluid discharge from the woman’s vagina. This is a part of the reproductive system and it is odorless.
How does it look?
If the color change or it smells then it might mean you have an infection. If you notice the same issue then it is essential that you make an appointment with the doctor.
What does vaginal discharge mean?
- Pregnancy: If the women are pregnant then having egg white discharge is normal. This is known as leucorrhea which is thin with a milk-like color and smell which is very mild.
- Menstrual cycle: Before ovulation women experience vaginal discharge. This is also known as EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) and it is released by the cervix. The mucus is clear and stretchy which resemble raw egg white.
- Sexually aroused: When you are sexually active to secrete an white-like discharge is normal.
Is egg white discharge normal?
Egg white-like consistency vaginal discharge is clear and does not have smell. The hormonal level change because of the body’s response. Vaginal discharge can result in abnormal change because of yeast infection, sexually transmitted infection, and bacterial vaginosis. If you are experiencing these things then consulting the doctor is the best option. If you do not get it treated then it can even lead to infertility issues. In that case, you should seek the help of the best fertility specialist from the IVF centre in India.
After Menopause: Egg White Discharge
In some cases, the amount of vaginal discharge decrease after menopause. This happens because the estrogen level decrease and it can make the vagina thick and dry. This is referred to as atrophic vaginitis and it should be treated on time so that it does not result in symptoms or complications.
Some of its symptoms are:
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal burning, pain, and soreness
- Painful urination
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal itchiness
- Painful urination
- White discharge
In some cases, women experience all the symptoms but some experience few of them only. The best option is to see the doctor as they will give you the best treatment plan.
If the symptoms you are having are linked with intercourse then you use a moisturizer or lubricant to get rid of dryness.
When it is required to pay attention?
Well, it can rarely trigger serious disease but if it is not typical then it can lead to infection. If the color and smell change then you need to seek medical help urgently.
- A yellow-greenish discharge – sexually transmitted infection
- Vaginal discharge grayish in color – bacterial vaginosis
- Pinkish discharge – vaginal irritation, implantation bleeding, or cervical bleeding.
- A foul smell – sexually transmitted infection