IVF treatment brings a ray of hope to the millions of couples dealing with the ordeal of infertility. The technology, which has been around for decades now has seen a phenomenal increase in the number of people opting for it in recent years, particularly in India. IVF Treatment is readily available in India and IVF clinics can be spotted even in minor cities and towns. If you are one of the lucky ones who didn’t need an IVF cycle to get pregnant or you are among those who have conceived after IVF, here are tips for you to tide over the pregnancy period.
First of all, stay happy and brace for the changes your body and mind are going to show up. The first trimester is very crucial and one needs to be very careful during this period. It is essential that you take care of your diet during the whole period of pregnancy.
1. It is recommended that you discuss any kind of medication you are using. Many medicines have a detrimental effect on the fetus.
2. Curb alcohol, smoking, and drug abuse if you are used to it. Caffeine is also on the crossed items list.
3. Avoid raw meat, eggs or seafood.
4. Expect a lot of upheavals as your hormonal system goes for a toss. You will most likely experience morning sickness, breast tenderness, sensitivity to smell and aversion to certain foods.
5. You will feel like emptying your bladder one too often. You might also feel tired and exhausted all the time. Food cravings are a common thing during this time. Thin and milky discharge is common. Slight bleeding may also show up but it is better to consult a doctor in such a case. You might experience heartburn and mood swings. The hormonal system triggers such changes in your body.
6. The most feared symptom is also there: weight gain. Yes, you will tend to pick up extra kilos.To maintain a healthy weight without compromising on your fetus’ health, eat wisely and don’t literally start eating for two. You only need 700 kilojoules of extra energy every day,so don’t maker pregnancy your gateway to being overweight.