Infertility and Artificial Insemination in India
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is the procedure in which your gynecologist will directly insert the sperm in the woman’s cervix, fallopian tubes and uterus.
What Type of Infertility Can Be Treated with Artificial Insemination?
- This is mostly used in case of male infertility. In this case, male sperms are low in number or are not strong enough to reach to the cervix or the fallopian tubes of the female.
- This is also used in case of female infertility. If the women are suffering from the disease called endometriosis or having something abnormal in the reproductive organ.
- This is suitable for those patients who are having the unreceptive cervical mucus. This means that mucus around the cervix prevents sperm to reach to the uterus or fallopian tubes.
How is the Artificial Insemination performed?
- This process involves the washing of the sperm. It will remove the unnecessary chemicals present in the semen and will help to remove the discomfort of a woman.
- Technicians mostly liquefy the sperm at the room temperature for half an hour. They use the method of centrifugation in order to collect the best sperm.
- In the next step, it is placed in the thin tube that is called the catheter. Then, it is inserted into the vagina and cervix into the uterus.
- The procedure is quite painless.
- There are some patients who feel the cramping and light bleeding after the procedure. To resolve this, the doctor will lie down for 30 to 45 minutes and will completely analyse the problem from the root.
- In some cases, your surgeon will give you the fertility drugs like Clomid that is helpful to ovulate multiple eggs.
Other Issues associated with Artificial Insemination
There are some patients who try this procedure several times, but they don’t get any success rate.
If this treatment doesn’t work, then you will have to go for the In Vitro Fertilization.
Your doctor may recommend this treatment up to three to six times.
Artificial insemination cost in India
Artificial insemination cost includes many things:
- You must estimate the cost of the hormones and other drugs.
- You must calculate the cost of the sperm washing.
- If you are using the sperm from another donor, you must pay the extra fee for each of the doses.